Monday 3 December 2012

WE ATEN'T DED

There has been some much exaggerated talk of WvW in the Far Shiverpeaks as being dead.

Personally, while I agree that we are struggling to drag people from PvE into WvW, as Granny Weatherwax would say - we aten't ded yet. We’re at least feebly kicking, by what I saw last night. This week, we're up against Fort Ranik and Gandara.

I had the honour last night of leading a small party of ‘Icicles’ (aka my fellow guildies from Ice Cold Elements [ICE]) as a little ninja squad for [TNA] on the Fort Ranik borderlands. Granted, we weren’t able to paint the borderlands blue, but I think we held our own. For the first time in a couple of weeks, our potential points at tick was actually on top at prime time, and we managed to rock the outmanned buff while defending Bay and Briar for that point tick. Yes, we did ultimately lose both – but we got our points, darnit!

Fort Ranik and Gandara can both field way more people than we can at the moment. Either that, or they somehow manage to be everywhere at once in force. Those folks need to lay off the caffeine or something. Or stop multiplying like rabbits. But I digress...

I guess the most epic fight of the evening for us was when we were attempting to defend Bluevale Camp from the Fort Ranik zerg. And sheesh, what a zerg! The fight went on for about 10 minutes. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such numbers fighting over a mere supply camp before. It was like Fort Ranik were a bunch of crotchety old men, waving VERY big sticks and yelling at us to get off their lawn. With Ballistas. Yeah, we lost the exchange - but sure was great fun!

At one stage, we managed to get the outer gates to Bay down. I hid in there when our assault failed, again partly due to our being somewhat outmanned. It took 15 minutes for Fort Ranik to find my hiding spot. I generally don't beleive there is such a thing as overkill ... but Fort Ranik, was it really necessary to send 5 people to execute me? That was a bit much. I broke a nail and everything.

Anyways, to tie this up - back to my original point. Yes, Far Shiverpeaks isn't on top in WvW at the moment. However, the solid core remaining will fight tooth and nail regardless of some silly point score. And we take our victories where we can - and have a bloody good time doing it to.

If you aren't doing so already - stop paying attention to a number. Get into WvW, and fight for your server! If I see you complaining in LA about how rubbish Far Shiverpeaks is at WvW and I've never seen you in WvW ever before, I hereby reserve the right to kick you all the way back into whatever fractal you've spent the last 2 weeks of your gaming life crawling around in.

No comments:

Post a Comment